We know that SMS is the quickest way to market a business. Many still think that bulk text services are meant for only certain types of businesses. Businesses worry that SMS marketing may seem intrusive and so they are skeptical about using it as a marketing tool. This is not necessarily true. Choosing the most effective way to communicate to your target audience is essential. Today we are inundated with messages from all different forms of communication, including email, messaging app, social media etc. the benefits of text messaging are hard to ignore and many businesses are now choosing this simple and effective way to communicate. Here’s why:
Low Cost and High ROI
For small to medium sized businesses the cost of outdoor advertising like newspapers, TV advertisements, etc. is excessive. On the other hand, bulk SMS services have low set up and running costs. Campaigns can be launched and implemented for a tiny fraction of the cost, yet you can contact hundreds of customers in a matter of seconds.
98% of all SMS messages are opened and read by the recipient, within the first 3 minutes of delivery. That alone sounds impressive but compared to the 20% average open rates of email it’s even better. Not to mention the fact that of those 20% of emails that are actually opened the average open time on these is about forty-eight hours. So if you want to make sure that your message is seen by the highest percentage of people in your marketing database – think about trying out an SMS campaign.
Text Messaging allows brands to own their audience
Businesses and organizations can no longer freely promote to the communities they worked so hard to build, with Facebook organic reach dwindling to single digits. Text messaging, on the other hand, offers a reliable way to reach every single person that opt-ins to receive messages, no matter how many are on your subscriber list.
Other benefits of SMS Bulk Text:
• SMS is personal. It goes straight to the recipient’s mobile phone. The message is literally delivered into their hands.
• Real-time two-way SMS communication.
• You can get your message out efficiently to required group.
• SMS can be tracked using daily reports. You are able to see which messages were delivered to which numbers, and measuring results is the key to any successful campaign.
• SMS messages can be scheduled to go out at a certain date and time.
• Your message gets across in 160 characters or less – short and sweet.
• An SMS message can reach customers wherever they are.
• You can send individual messages or group messages.
Text messaging is cost-effective and proven. On average, a young person can spend up to five hours a day on their device. The interaction rates for SMS marketing are also compelling, with an average of 32% of promotional and informative texts generating a response. That means that your campaign message is almost guaranteed to be seen, processed, and more than likely responded to.
We hope you found this blog helpful. Get in touch if you’d like to discuss Bulk Text options for your business.