Send SMS Via Email
Email to SMS works very well in legacy environments, or on systems with limited networking capabilities. Any application capable of sending email can take advantage of our Email to SMS Gateway. Outbound messages can be sent as email to @SendMode.com and provided relevant security requirements are met, an email sent in this manner will be converted to SMS and delivered to the specified. Account-level settings can be used to control such things as whether or not the subject line is parsed or ignored, and what the maximum length of the payload can be on such a message.
Delivery Receipts (DLRs) can be sent back to the sending application, also via SMTP. Some form of handling function would be required on the application-side to parse these receipts.
Benefits of Email2SMS
- Send SMS straight from your Email System
- Send to One or Multiple People
- Quickly contact staff who are out of Office
- Use Email contacts to quickly find Numbers
- Full Message Delivery Reporting
- Save money through low-cost bulk SMS rates
- Business Staff who may be away from e-mail during the day – Sales Force , Delivery Drivers
- Business Systems that need to alert support staff of warnings or errors – IT , Engineering
- Customer Contacts that are mixed between E-mail and SMS – Retail, Insurance