Are you toying with the idea of embracing Mobile Marketing/Bulk Text Messaging? Need some essential mobile marketing facts to persuade you? Fellow marketers and the media constantly report how this relatively new marketing tool is hugely successful, resulting in consistent, guaranteed soaring sales figures ….. So what’s the hesitation? Need some help making that final decision?
On behalf of Hubspot.com, author Jamie Turner (co-author with Jeanne Hopkins of the book Go Mobile) has compiled staggering Essential Mobile Marketing Facts.
Top 5 x Golden Facts:
- 91 percent of adults keep their smartphones within arm’s reach. (Source: Morgan Stanley)
- Even more important to entrepreneurs: 9 out of 10 mobile searches lead to action. More than half lead to sales. (Source: SearchEngineLand)
- 90 percent of text messages get read within 3 minutes of delivery. (Source: ImpigeMobileStrategy.com, 2011)
- Mobile devices perform 4-5 times better than online ads for key metrics such as brand favourability, awareness and purchase intent. (Source: Neilson Study, 2012)
- In 2013, mobile phones have overtaken PCs as the most common web access devices worldwide. (Source: Gartner.com)
Need a little more convincing?…read on…
- There are 6.8 billion people on the planet at present. 4 billion own mobile phones. (Source: 60SecondMarketer.com).
- There are 5 times as many mobile phones worldwide as PCs. (Source: ImpigoMobile)
- There are 271 million mobile subscribers in the U.S. alone!
- 51 percent of U.K. mobile subscribers have a smartphone. 49 percent of U.S. mobile subscribers own a smartphone. (Source: MobiThinking.com)
- Brands using SMS successfully reach 95 percent of smartphone and non-smartphone users. (Source: GoMoNews.com)
- 70 percent of mobile searches lead to action within one hour. (It takes a full month for the same percentage of desktop users to catch up.) (Source: MobileMarketer.com)
- 74 percent of people use their mobile phone to help them while shopping, with 79 percent making a purchase as a result. (Source: ImpigeMobileStrategy.com, 2011)
- 81 percent of smartphone users have performed product research from a smartphone, and 50 percent have made a purchase via their phone. (Source: Prosper Mobile Insights)
- Mobile coupons receive 10 times higher redemption rates than print coupons. (Source: GoMobileBook.com)
- According to a February 2013 report by Mobile Marketer, a full 42.3 percent of consumers prefer SMS deals versus bar-code scans or push message coupons.
- Data from JumpTap STAT reports men are more inclined than women to click on ads. (Really??)
- 42 percent of tablet users admit to using their tablet at the same time they’re also watching TV! (Guilty anyone??)
- The majority of 25-34 year olds and 19-24 year olds (64 percent and 53 percent, respectively) now own smartphones.
- 87 percent of mobile app downloaders use Deal-of-the-Day sites like Groupon or LivingSocial. (Source: Nielson.com)
- The average mobile campaign significantly outpaces online in ad awareness. (Source: DynamicLogic.com)
- 16 percent of smartphone users have made a purchase because of a marketing message they received on a phone and half of those who purchased made the purchase from the smartphone itself. (Source: ExactTarget.com)
It works! It has been proven, its sure-fire success with Bulk SMS and these essential mobile marketing facts confirm it!
Utilise our Free Trial offer and get your mobile marketing campaign under way today! Contact Trevor on 01-685-4913 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for account setup, assistance, advice and support.
Thanks for reading our blog!